Epson Stylus Pro 7600 colors dropping at random

Droidy Pendejo

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 7600
Hello. So, I ordered a new wiper blade and a complete set of dampers for my Epson 7600. After months of procrastination, I finally put my nose to the grindstone and took the printer apart and replaced those parts. I didn't even lose any o-rings in the process! I was really nervous, but I took lots of pictures as I went along and made notes as to where everything was supposed to go back together. It wasn't all that bad. Honestly.

I followed the directions from this link: https://americaninkjetsystems.com/learning-center/repair-epson-76009600/

Before I power up the machine and do a test print. (fingers crossed) I have a question that I'd like to ask. Obviously the new dampers are empty of ink, so should I flush the system somehow, to prime the dampers and get ink back into the printhead? Can you think of any final things I should check before firing up? Any help about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Wow, that's quite a tedious and time consumig job - gratulations that you got so far. You could run several cleaning cycles which should get the air out of the dampers, and there should be an 'ink charge' command option in the service mode of the printer - the service manual should tell you.

Georonimo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 9600
Hello. So, I ordered a new wiper blade and a complete set of dampers for my Epson 7600. After months of procrastination, I finally put my nose to the grindstone and took the printer apart and replaced those parts. I didn't even lose any o-rings in the process! I was really nervous, but I took lots of pictures as I went along and made notes as to where everything was supposed to go back together. It wasn't all that bad. Honestly.

I followed the directions from this link: https://americaninkjetsystems.com/learning-center/repair-epson-76009600/

Before I power up the machine and do a test print. (fingers crossed) I have a question that I'd like to ask. Obviously the new dampers are empty of ink, so should I flush the system somehow, to prime the dampers and get ink back into the printhead? Can you think of any final things I should check before firing up? Any help about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much!
Droidy,
Did the replacement wiper you bought have a "felt" side?
I bought two, along with a set of dampers from a Chinese source for my 9600. The wipers seem to have the same rubber surface on both sides. My original looks like cork on one side rubber on the other.
I reinstalled my old one after a cleaning. I am still getting some random jets missing on my nozzle check, mostly on the bottom of the pattern. Nearly every time I perform a cleaning the missing nozzles switch around. I suspect the wiper and wonder what is the deal with my replacements

Droidy Pendejo

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 7600
So, my Epson 7600 is printing like a champ. I had some initial banding issues, but as others have stated, print, print, print. So I did, and now the prints are looking like they are from a factory new printer! No more banding issues at all, and the nozzle checks look great. I downloaded the drivers for the Windows XP from Epson and everything runs smooth. But.... the colors are pretty wonky. They are coming out much darker than what I see on my monitor and sometimes the yellows are too orange, the blues are too purple. That sort of thing. I do not have a fancy monitor. Not at all. I'm pretty sure this is normal and I likely need to make some adjustments in Illustrator or somewhere else. Any advise where I should start? YouTube videos that you might recommend? I'm very happy to have made this much progress, and thank you very much for the help and support that you've given me along the way.

@Geronimo, I believe the Chinese replacement wiper blade I got was just solid rubber, with an "edge", if I remember correctly. I haven't noticed any problems with it though. Like I said, my 7600 is working like a champ!

Edit:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
That's nice to hear that your printer is running fine.

Colors - I would recommend that you get familiar with the basics of color management - and start doing icc-profiles - look for a package like ColorMunki - even used - which gives you correct colors on a systematic way - for your printer and monitor . It is quite difficult to get correct colors printed with a misaligned monitor to start with.

Latest posts