Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Last edited:

Droidy Pendejo

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 7600
I downloaded and installed the Vista 64Bit version driver for the 7600, as well as the status monitor from the link you provided. The install seemed to go well. I walked through most of it, attached the printer when it asked, and it seemed to like the signal and said the install was a success. I can see the driver listed in "Devices and Printers". But when I tried to set it as default printer, it gave me this message that it might not have installed correctly. I believe this is the same problem I've been having. It seems like it gets most of the way there, then just craps out... Any idea what might cause such a problem?

Attachments

• 20180310_002448.jpg
    20180310_002448.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 522

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
hmmmm, it appears to be that there is a version conflict - 32 vs. 64bit, Epson is providing different versions . I have it working on a Win7/64bit machine and on Win10/64bit as well, Windows is just asking whether it should continue with this unauthenticated software. What happens if you disconnect and reconnect the printer - do you hear the typical connect-noise ? Are you running the printer via USB ? Use a shorter cable if you now use a long one - just for a test.

Droidy Pendejo

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 7600
Oh yeah... I should turn up the volume setting for devices on the laptop. That might be very helpful.

(after adjusting volume)

Eureka! When I power up the printer, windows does acknowledge the printer. After a little fiddling and reinstalling the Vista 64 driver, I was able to get a print. Nice!

Sooooo... there are some noticable horizontal lines in the print (most obvious on the Jellyfish picture, but in all the pictures). Any thoughts on those?

Attachments

• 20180311_003509.jpg
    20180311_003509.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 477

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
the nozzle check via the utility tab should tell you which color(s) are affected shoing up with missing lines there, please scan , crop to the printed area and post it please. Run a cleaning cycle and check on the nozzle check whether anything has changed.

jddriver

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epsom RX650 A730 A1430 R1900
Ugh. Now it seems that I can't seem to get an Epson driver to work on my 64 bit Windows 7 laptop with my Epson Stylus Pro 7600. I downloaded the 64 bit version driver for Windows XP from the Epson website, in the hopes that it would work with Windows 7, but no luck. It installs the driver, but I can't get it to actually print. I'd prefer not to purchase an old XP system to network the printer together. Does anybody know of a workaround for this problem?

Yes well it worked in W10, I will post some stuff shortly.

jddriver

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
o.k., that sounds fine, come back and let us know when you get through it with the replacement action. You may not see much in the ink itself, there could be a fine smear on the filter membrane .
Hi again, so now have the new dampers installed and got printer working, but no ink, I have now done two normal head cleans and one power clean with nozzle checks in between, I did draw a very small amount of ink into each damper before refitting to head...thoughts on how to get the ink flowing? Also no sign of any ink on the cleaning pads.

jddriver

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Yes well it worked in W10, I will post some stuff shortly.

You may need to do some googling just in case things are a bit different on W7, but I doubt it.

1. Download the drivers for Windows Vista 64 or 32 depending on your OS, from the Epson website

2. Extract/unzip the drivers but do not install from the setup.

3. To be able to install the vista drivers you must disable driver signature enforcement (google it), needs a restart.

4. After driver signature enforcement is disabled: Open Device Manager and search for the 7600 on printers, right click on Epson Stylus Pro 7600 and select update driver.

5. Select the find software option and search for the extracted folder with the drivers

6. Install - confirm installation if the red warning appears.

windows 10 enforces driver signatures by default. This can be disabled to install drivers that are not digitally signed. Use the following steps to disable driver signature enforcement.

Click the Start Start menu and select Settings.

Click Update and Security.

Click on Recovery.

Click Restart now under Advanced Startup.

Click Troubleshoot.

Click Advanced options.

Click Startup Settings.

Click on Restart.

On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.

https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/ho...8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
3. To be able to install the vista drivers you must disable driver signature enforcement
Yes, that's the critically important thing to install an unsigned driver on W10- Microsoft is otherwise very restrictive about it.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
.thoughts on how to get the ink flowing?
do you know where the ink is in the tubes? There is somewhere hidden in the maintenance menu a function 'Ink charge' which should run the pump/cleaning cycle for a long enough time. It is covered somewhere in the maintenance manual, I don't have mine currently available.