Epson Stylus Photo R320, CISS not flowing on any colour!

daman2971985

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi all,

I knew i wasnt going to be around for a while so i decided to remove my (functional) CISS and clean it out. That all went fine, the system was well and truly cleaned out and then stored.

However, having come back and needing my printer back working again I have been having issues. I refilled the inktanks, and pulled the ink through to the cartridges so they were primed and ready to go.

It was at this point that i noticed one flaw in my plan.... my printer had also been sat for 6 months as well! So i removed the print head, soaked it in cleaning fluid and let it dry before reinstalling the entire lot.

Only now i have literally no colour (or black) coming from the printer when i try to print! Any ideas why that would be? I would have thought even if the print head was badly blocked at least some ink would make it though??

daman2971985

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Update on my long running fight!

Ive got ink flowing again, through a combination of repriming and applying gentle pressure to the tanks to force ink through to the printer. As expected this resulted in a few blobs of ink getting dropped but thats fine cleaning ink is something Ive got used to :) the head check pattern does however show loads of blocked points, but at least the ink is moving again!

Onto my next question then, is there any way to test a print head to see if its knackered? i.e. find out the difference between clogged with dried out ink (which with patience should be able to be cleared), or actually broken beyond repair? (as it stands im socking the print head in cleaning fluid again in the hopes that I can clear the blockages, but am I just wasting my time?)

Thank you for reading!!