Epson Stylus 1500W - Solutions for dedicated Β&W

Apostolos

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
1500w, M2170, G5040, X464
Hello everyone
I've decided to convert my old Epson 1500W to a dedicated black & white printer
I've heard that there are some solutions with third party cartridges that convert this printer to monochrome but keep the color tones correct.
Since most of my A3 prints are monochrome and i'm about to buy a new color A3 printer, i'd like to give it a try.

Someone might ask, "why don't you keep it with colors, and print in grayscale?"
Unfortunately all my B&W prints in this printer have a blueish tint/cast and it drives me mad. I cannot sell or even give away any photoprint from this printer in B&W because it is not monochrome!
I 'm looking forward to hear you solutions on the subject!
Thanks in advance

P.S Some people love this blue cast in my b&W prints, but i didn't gave any prints away, since it is not printed by my choice but rather by the printers software, and i cannot reproduce it if i print the same photo in another printer.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You are hitting a pretty complex subject - but please provide some more information about your plans.

Do you want to print B/W - with neutral blacks and grays - or monochrome with the option to change the tint of the print e.g. from steel blue to ebony or other hues ?
Which type of inks are you using currently ? Refill - OEM or ?

You plan to give your prints away - privately or as part of a business ?
What type of paper(s) are you planning to use ?
Are you familiar with color mgmt - the use of icm color profiles ?

Which software are you using - Win10 or ? Photoshop ? Qimage ? for printing ?

Are you aware that you can convert your printer to pigment inks ?

Have you tried particular B/W inksets for your printer already - e.g. in connection with QTR - Quartertone RIP ?
Are you familiar with other internet postings and publications about B/W printing - e.g. northlight-images.co.uk by @Keith Cooper highlighting a range of aspects of B/W printing

https://www.northlight-images.co.uk/digital-black-and-white-photography/

Apostolos

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Why was my post deleted?

Apostolos

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
That’s a question you won’t get answer too, because your post was not the only ones to get deleted, mad max is back, so watch out.. !:duc
I don't get what you mean by that, or if it is an inside joke, or even if an admin named "Mad Max" started deleting messages.

Ok....i'll ask somewhere else. Thanks anyway.