Epson SC P900 won’t feed paper

ops1

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson sc p900
Hi,
I have an Epson sc p900 that has stopped feeding paper through. The paper starts to move into the printer and then stops. Then after a bit of whirring the printer asks me to insert paper. When I remove the paper it is dented on the middle of the bottom edge. On the odd occasion that it does feed the paper through it comes out without any print on it but with a crease or scratch running the length of the paper. Both issues are shown in the photographs attached. Looking into the printer it looks as though the paper is only making it a little way past the rubber rollers before stopping/getting stuck/hitting something.
Any help appreciated as I would love to get the printer up and running as soon as possible.

Attachments

• IMG_6331.jpeg
    IMG_6331.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6330.jpeg
    IMG_6330.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I would love to get the printer up and running as soon as possible
It look to me like the paper feed sensor has been damaged in some way, it will need some attention before your printer will work again, time to get down and dirty..

P.S. I don’t have an Epson printer, so am unable to help with this issue..:idunno

ops1

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson sc p900
It look to me like the paper feed sensor has been damaged in some way, it will need some attention before your printer will work again, time to get down and dirty..

P.S. I don’t have an Epson printer, so am unable to help with this issue..:idunno
Thank you for the info. I wouldn't even know where to start with repairing this. Is anyone able to give me any pointers or does anyone know a good repair company in Essex?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I wouldn't even know where to start with repairing this
It’s mostly finding the little bugger and using a small plyers to correct the issue, use the scrap marks on the paper as an indicator, it’s probably only bent out of position or backwards…

Most probable cause:- A previous paper jam..

ops1

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson sc p900
It’s mostly finding the little bugger and using a small plyers to correct the issue, use the scrap marks on the paper as an indicator, it’s probably only bent out of position or backwards…

Most probable cause:- A previous paper jam..
Hi

I looked in through the feed tray for roll paper and I could see a little plastic prong sticking down at an angle in the location that the the sheet paper gets dented. I tapped it with a ruler and it was wedged in place so I gave it a little knock and it has freed it up. It is still at a bit of an angle but now moves up and down.

But! The printer now says "paper may remain in the printer. Touch ok and then check the paper slot and remove the paper". I am sure that there isn't any paper in there but don't know what to do next?
The other thing to mention is that the printer now makes a 'clunk' noise on start up.

Cheers

Oliver.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
The other thing to mention is that the printer now makes a 'clunk' noise on start up.
With the printer turned off, try feeding a sheet of paper through the printer by hand.. That should release anything mechanical that may be stuck or jammed up..

P.S. You didn’t by any chance have a paper jam recently in the past, because pulling the paper out backwards is a no no, it’s always better to cut away any excess paper sticking out and then pull the remaining paper out the front. It’s very difficult but far safer..

ops1

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson sc p900
Hi.

I’ve fed some paper through a few times and unfortunately it hasn’t made a difference.

I don’t remember there being a jam recently that would have caused the issue.

ops1

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson sc p900
Not when I slide it through. The noise happens when the printer starts up and moves a few components around

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
The noise happens when the printer starts up and moves a few components around
When I asked you to manually feed the paper, I meant manhandle the feed rollers with your fingers to simulate a power feed !.. It’s not easy..