Epson Rejecting non-genuine inks

roo48

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have an Epson stylus photo 1410
I have been using non genuine inks for some time and recently I had to reload the drivers for the printer and now the Printing window pop up states that the inks are non genuine epson and the printer wont print with these inks.
Is there a way to bypass this problem?

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I don't think there's a way around this. Epson makes it hard to use generics. You need higher quality generics.

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
The firmware must of been updated when you installed the new drivers, if Epson updates are enabled this will happen alot as well. Turn off the auto updates for your printer (in Windows updates) and get high quality compatibles with version 6 chips or version 7 if they are out yet.

easytimes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
tigerwan said:
The firmware must of been updated when you installed the new drivers, if Epson updates are enabled this will happen alot as well. Turn off the auto updates for your printer (in Windows updates) and get high quality compatibles with version 6 chips or version 7 if they are out yet.
tigerwan,
Is this the reason I see so many reviews complaining about new Epson printers rejecting Epson OEM inks? Every one of the Epson printers I have been shopping, lately, seems to have a lot of complaints about rejection genuine Epson inks and being ink hogs. The cleaning cycle seems to be at the root of the ink thirst... I figured there must be a similar explanation for the cartridge rejection, as well.