Epson r3000 is cropping my images

julianp

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi

I have just bought an Epson R3000 to print work for my students. It is connected to a Mac running OSX 10.4.11.

I am printing images at 300 pdi, 420mm x 297mm (a3) but no matter how I many different ways I try to use it, it continually crops out large parts of my images. It is costing me a fortune in photo paper!

I have used to "easy photo priont" software, and also printed directly througfh Photoshop, I have cut and pasted the images onto new A3 sized documents, I have tried with borderless printing turned on and off, and I have used both manual and automatic settings.

Each time the preview window shows me the full print, but the output is never the same as the preview. Significant areas of images are simply cut off (top edge or right hand side) as the outputted image has grown larger than A3.

As someone who has been a professional photographer for 10 years and who has been printing with this kind of machinery for even more years, I am totally frustrated and bemused by this irritating and expensive problem.

Any ideas out there?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
julianp
As someone who has been a professional photographer for 10 years and who has been printing with this kind of machinery for even more years, I am totally frustrated and bemused by this irritating and expensive problem.

Any ideas out there?
Dont be everyone been there too at some time.
When you first display the photo you want to print in PhotoShop on screen and then
do adjustments that you feel are necessary then hit Print.

Now on the print selection screen make the adjustment that you feel you require but before you hit print
make sure that you have selected the right printer (only necessary if you have more than one).

Next click on the page set-up button (centre) inside here there are four selections to alter
(1) use Page Attributes (2) Epson 3000 (3) A3 size (4) Page Orientation next click the OK button.

Now your back on the print selection screen check everything is ok
if not make the adjustments again and then click on the Print Button.

Youll see the print Screen box, here the printer should be selected on the first row followed by presets set to standard
and the third one is Copies & Pages (The important one)
there are twelve items here you can select from individually and the one youre looking for is paper and handling.

This box gives you more selections, look at the lower box for (Destination Paper Size) if not set correctly then change to your preferred print size A3
now hit Print and you photo will print out correctly for you.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
check page size vs. print size somewhere in both the print dialogs of the editing software and the printer driver.

julianp

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for that - I also went onto the Epson site and found a patch to download (dated June 2011 - Why don't they ship this expensive machine with up to date disks?) that was described as solving the problem between preview window content and actual print output.

Between the two of you, it has worked a treat. I am very happy.