Epson R3000 crops when using roll paper

julianp

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi - Help!

I am trying to print onto roll paper 329mm wide. My image file is 32.9 cm by 118.4cm at 300dpi. I am getting the correct width of image printed out, but the length is being cut off.

Going through the setup procedure which works fine for sheet film, and deselecting the centre button, I only get about 48cm of the full 118 are produced before it tells me that the printing is finished and I can cut the roll.

The preview window only ever shows me the normal aspect ratio for standard prints, and the image is thus severely cropped inside this window, and seems to print only what is in the preview window.

Should I be expecting to see a new, longer preview window that accommodates the full length of my panoramic format image?

Could my OSX 10.4.11 be to blame, or my Photoshop CS version 8.0?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
julianp said:
Hi - Help!

I am trying to print onto roll paper 329mm wide. My image file is 32.9 cm by 118.4cm at 300dpi. I am getting the correct width of image printed out, but the length is being cut off.

Going through the setup procedure which works fine for sheet film, and deselecting the centre button, I only get about 48cm of the full 118 are produced before it tells me that the printing is finished and I can cut the roll.

The preview window only ever shows me the normal aspect ratio for standard prints, and the image is thus severely cropped inside this window, and seems to print only what is in the preview window.

Should I be expecting to see a new, longer preview window that accommodates the full length of my panoramic format image?

Could my OSX 10.4.11 be to blame, or my Photoshop CS version 8.0?
When printing from a roll you have two different things determining your paper size.
First youll have to get PhotoShop and the print driver set to the same size which you dealt with in an earlier post.

Then youll have to get your cutter set to the same size as well,
easier said than done as they both work independently of each other.

In PhotoShop your canvas size need to be the same as your intended paper size and when you go to print,
the preview window should show all of your image (correct orientation if needed) and
to the right of your image (Scaled Print Size Box) should show your exact paper size,
if not then go back and alter your canvas size again till correct.

You are dealing with two completely different things here that need to be working together,
(1) your printer to output onto the correct size of paper as described above and
(2) your cutter set so it will then cut to the desired length required also.

I would suggest you do some practice tests with your cutter/printer first to master the way your cutter works
and understand it before you go wasting any more of your paper and hair.

Try printing out any image on plain paper sheets (not from a roll) and set the cutter to say 10 cm,
then do it again this time to 20 cm and so on till you are sure that the cutter cuts to the except size that you want every time.

Then go back and try it with your original print and the roll of paper set to 118.4 cm but making sure first
that both the output sizes are set exactly printer/cutter as you did with your test and it should work out perfectly for you..:)