Epson r3000 Airlock

craig carr

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
Somehow I have managed to get air into my light cyan lines. It happened before and I ran the wic reset ink charge and the problem was resolved. Unfortunatly this time most of my carts were almost empty. To empty to run the ink charge so I have been sitting here for the last 4 hours running purge sheets through the printer to run the cartridges down which is working although cyan is priving almost impossible to empty, I've tried cyan, blue, dark cyan and many more and still the light cyan and the light magenta is emptying at about 3 times the amount of the cyan. I've printed off about 50 sheets and the cyan has gone down 9% while light cyan has gone down 30% and light magenta about 15%.. wtf is going on? Any easier way to do this?

berttheghost

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 9500, pro-1
Stop what you're doing. It isn't working and running purge sheets on a persistently air-locked head may damage it.

Refill of your carts so that you can run a charge cycle. Ensure that you remove any excess air from your carts as you refill them.

Also inspect your capping station and purge unit and clean as needed.

craig carr

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
You can't run the charge cycle unless the carts are over a certain % full so I needed to empty the carts so the chip would reset then I'd refill them. It's fixed now anyway. Ended up just running 4-5 clean cycles in a row as I read somewhere that it is the same as the initial charge cycle and it worked. :)