Epson r290 suddenly stop working (no power)

akramjef

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson p50 printer
Hi dear
I have an old epson r290 ( it was new) stored for long time in its original box . Unboxed and i put ciss and turn it on to print some photos , the print was not OK I did nozzle check and clean twice because nozzle check was not good I turn it off and left it for the next day, next day when I turned it on I heard a spark and a light smell of burnt things and the printer stop working ( dead) no light .power cable was securely connected and was good, I changed the cable but no benefits,I opened the printer and I checked the power supply ,it was good giving 41V and 42V (this is what intended to be ) ,I checked the motherboard (logic board) I couldn't find any signs of burnt electronics or over heating ,it was very clean . I checked the front panel ,all 3 switches were good ,no internal signs of any burnt electronics or wiring inside the printer.
Kindly if you have any idea about this problem and how to solve it. Thank you

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I heard a spark and a light smell of burnt things
that's not good - it could be that the damage happened at the printhead - e.g. a cleaning fluid creeping into the flat cable connection and causing a short which then blew a fuse on the motherboard; iI would not try to revive that printer anymore under these conditions.

akramjef

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson p50 printer
Thank you for reply. I didn't use any cleaning fluid , I used the head cleaning option of its software. I gave it to my friend ,he has experience with electronics and computer hardware . I will update you if any thing happen.
Thank you

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
He can hopefully find the location where the smoke came from

akramjef

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson p50 printer
Update for epson r290 .my friend couldn't find any sign of burn .so returned to me. I removed the printhead and the logic board ,both of them were shorted after testing them carefully . I ordered 2 printheads and logic board from Amazon but unfortunatly all of them are not working . So I decided not to revive it because it will cost more than new printer specialy all spare parts on the net are from China and are used or refurbished .
Thank you

Latest posts