Epson R280 slows down during long print jobs

bradleyb

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
First post here and I'm hoping someone has experience with the problem I'm having even though this isn't a CIS problem (I think). But people with CIS are into their printers and I couldn't find information

I have an Epson R280 with a CIS and love it.

The problem I'm having though is that during a large print job the printer starts out at normal speed but often slows down to about half-speed. If I'm prompted to reset a cartridge - the printer resumes at normal speed but quickly slows down again.

The more I print - the slower the printer gets, probably printing about 1-page-a-minute.

I can power the printer off and back on and it's normal for a while but slows down again.

I have reinstalled the print driver, tried a different USB cable, tried it on a different computer and tried printing from across the local area network. So I'm pretty sure the problem rests with the printer.

I'm not receiving any error messages - it just slows down. Continues to print bi-directional but it pauses at each side of the printer before returning.

If anyone has any ideas - I would really appreciate it. I would hate to replace the printer.

Thank you.