Epson R230

repjr1959

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a Epson R230 and it has a very bad clog. I have tired cleaning it with ISO alcohol and I got 5 out of 6 cleaned and open, but the one that is clogged seems to be a very bad clog. How can I remove the spiggit from the printer head. I saw a photo of this on another web page, but it fals short on hw to remove the spigget. It dose say to be carfeull,,,no kidding,,,I went as far as ordering this Magic Bullet for cleaning stuburn clogs. Dose anyone know how can I remove the "Spiggits" from the printer head so I can clean it out and try to save some $$. At this piont I am stunt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:mad:

Thanks

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Can I politely suggest you don't ask people to respond to your email but actively revisit the forums to check on any input and get involved a bit more.

This is a community after all, and doesn't exactly thrive on one way street approaches like this.

Just as a tip, if you haven't already ticked the "subscribe to topic" option for the thread, I'd do that now as it'll notify you of a response..

repjr1959

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
ok thank you for that input
Now where do I suscribe to topic at I don't see it

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
The link to subscribe is just below the last post on the left side.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Right... to answer the question posed, the primary reference for cleaning any Epson printhead is written by a guy called Art Entlich.. You can request a copy by emailing him on:

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) = @
(dot) = . you need to send an e mail to Arthur

It's only in email form but it's pretty comprehensive and is kept up to date...