Epson R2000

PSJim

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R2000 nd Epson XP-830
The R2000 now does not show "amount" of ink left on any cartridge. Therefore I do not know what to replace when printer when is stopped. I have reinstalled with no change and Epson doesn't care.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The R2000 now does not show "amount" of ink left on any cartridge.
But what does the status monitor show - please attach a screen copy . Are you using Epson original cartridges - or 3rd party or are you doing refill ?

PSJim

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
But what does the status monitor show - please attach a screen copy . Are you using Epson original cartridges - or 3rd party or are you doing refill ?
I have always used Epson original cartridges. I have printed for awhile with this problem of status monitor. When the printer stopped, I assume it was because of an empty cartridge. It would be very expense to replace all ink and have the problem again.
I do not know of any other problems with the printer. The screen copy will show like this has been for while. Use of printer is light now, but I run a test every week that been fine until this time. Thanks for your attention.

Attachments

• Epson R2000.jpg
    Epson R2000.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 97

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You activate the status monitor via the utility tab - at the bottom left - it may provide some more info. Please take out all cartridges and insert a few and look what the status monitor is showing - are some cartrdigdes inserted - but not the others ? If you click on Information it would show cartridge datails - Epson or not - date of manufacture. Please insert all cartdidges and monitor the status. Did you do any firmware/driver update recently ? Do you have other cartridges you can make a test with ?

PSJim

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
I probably asked for things improperly. The only problem is that it will not show the level on the cartridges. This means that I have no idea of what to purchase or what to change when a clog shows on one color and If I knew that color almost empty, I would replace that, etc. Sometimes running the “clean” will then empty that one and you start over. I did all that you suggested with no change. I went ahead replaced the Magenta as the printer internally showed properly and everything is back to working except the situation asked about remains. It is important to know how much ink is remained in each cartridge. I do not have that shown on my monitor. That is obviously important too me. That was always shown until now.

New updates are not available, and I reinstalled total software. The computer is not new and is update and clean with Windows 10 x64.

Thanks

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
everything is back to working except the situation asked about remains
I'm a kind of irritated - everything is working - I assume the printer is working - but did you start the status monitor via the utility tab of the driver ?

If that does not help please download the WicReset utility from the internet - the 'Information - Status' button should give you a list of actual ink levels - please post a screen copy for confirmation.

You can find various entries in the Internet to the subject ' Epson status monitor does not show ink levels' , I don't have a R2000, I don't know which of those entries apply to your printer e.g. like this one

https://support.epson-europe.com/onlineguides/en/l800/html/ink_1.htm

(The 'utility' tab in the driver is sometimes called 'maintenance' or v.v. )

PSJim

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
I have now run nozzle check and have run cleaned and showed one is empty. Replaced and trying again. It showed another empty. This has called for 5 new cartridges. I replaced each 5 and when nozzle check is run there is no change, even after using clean process.

Does this mean printhead clogs? If true, maybe could be caused by bad habits. If you think that this true, can I fix that?

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I have now run nozzle check and have run cleaned and showed one is empty.
How did it show that a cartridge is empty - in the status monitor ? I thought that the ink status is not shown ? How does the nozzle check look - any clogs - missing lines - or not ?

Please download the WicReset utility and review the 'Information Status' information, clogs are a different issue.

PSJim

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
If you use the ink button on printer, you can open the ink area and it a light that tells you what is empty.
I have reinstalled printer as usb to my computer for the first time. It has always been wireless. Now the status monitor works. I don't know why, but thanks, I will try your other suggestion about problems that I cannot clean up.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Thanks for feedback, there should be an 'Information' button in the status monitor window telling you some details about the inserted cartridges - manufacturer and date of mfg.

Please have a look to the nozzle check print if there are missing lines.

What are the other problems you cannot clean up ?