Epson R1900 for high contrast positives

Pixelpete56

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am a faculty member within a graphic arts management program. We are attempting to use our Epson R1900 with specialty dye ink to produce high contrast "line" positives for screen printing. The set-up we have uses bagged, black for all eight cartridges. We have had limited luck with the device; seems difficult to consistently produce the images we need, then... it's out of ink. With the bag system, ink is $50.00 a pop (per bag) and not cost advantageous for a teaching environment.

My question relates to the printer, as well as the potential for a new CIS system. Are their things inherent in the R1900 that make it a difficult unit to work in this capacity? Would there be anything special with a dye ink that would make it difficult to run through an Epson R1900? Would there be anything special that I should look for in a new CIS system? I currently have 1 liter of the "InstaInk" that I would like to put in a CISS. There seem to be a lot of suppliers of CIS systems and they all say they are wonderful.

I am open to suggestions as the unit is not currently usable.

Thanks

Hans