Epson PX810fwd waste ink reset utility

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Congratulation on your reset, But it will only last for a very short while and then there is the matter of all that waste ink to deal with… ?

What you would suggest me to do Hat?

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I searched a little bit to the internet and i found this video

Technically what the guy says that the ink pad doesn't neet to be replaced. But because i want my printer to live as long as possible. Is there any way to make a DIY waste ink bottle?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@djkokalis that is perfectly right you don’t need to replace the waste pads if they are really bad then just wash in warm water and dry them then refit.

You can make up your own waste container if you wish and run the tubing to it out the side of the printer, that will work.

BUT I wouldn’t go turning any printer upside down the way that this guy in the video did, you can make one hell of a mess doing that and can destroy your own printer also.

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
@djkokalis that is perfectly right you don’t need to replace the waste pads if they are really bad then just wash in warm water and dry them then refit.

You can make up your own waste container if you wish and run the tubing to it out the side of the printer, that will work.

BUT I wouldn’t go turning any printer upside down the way that this guy in the video did, you can make one hell of a mess doing that and can destroy your own printer also.

Ok thanks for the info again. Is there anywhere that i can find instructions on how to make my DIY waste container? Probably a how to video? Because i wasn't able to find something.

Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Most of the DIY instructions on sites and videos are slap and dash so bear that in mind when you tackle your own waste tank installation, as per the one you post yourself. (Not recommended)

I would recommend you get a waste ink tank and sundries from a good ink supplier, that way you get the complete kit and detailed instruction (step by step) on how to install the waste ink tank correctly.

When you undertake the installation yourself it’s only a matter of extending the purge waste tubing to an external container, but remember if you get it wrong and that is a possibility, you can get ink all over the place, it can get very messy so good luck..