Epson Pro 3800: refillable cartridges or resetter ?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I'm interested in buying this printer, but what about refilling those cartridges and can the chips be resetted to full ink level as well ? I found there is a resetter for the cartridges called YXD368-II and this should be able to reset the T580 series of cartridges and the waste ink tank chip as well. But when I contact the companies who obviously are selling this resetter, they are saying it cannot......

How are the T580 cartridges built ? If heard that the carts are pressurized to feed the ink. Is this a problem or is the pressure done by the printer itself ? I have seen how the Epson Pro 4000 cartridges are refilled on youtube by just injecting ink into the ink outlet and then resetting the chip to full ink level.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
try Gemini Colours in Holland... I know Robert there is working hard on these and may already have something that you can use... I know he's been bending my ear about the 3800 for a while now :)

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi david,

thanks for the links but I don't need a CISS, because the Epson Pro 3800 already is CISS based and for me it is beter to have the cartridge refilled or have refillable cartridges. A CISS would need extra space and I already don't have much space. I saw there are refillable cartridges available at alibaba.com (wholesale website) and I'm looking for those ones or have the original refilled and the chips reset.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Today I tried a wide format resetter, the SK188-III. Unfortunately I does not work and the printer gave errors on the photoblack and the matte black cartridge, after trying to reset the maintenance tank. A hard reset by taking out the plug solved the problem.

However, the maintenance tank was not ful but at 62 %. Can someone say if the reset can happen only if the cartridge is completey "empty" when told by the chip ? Or can you reset those chips even at 75 % back to 100 % ? Maybe this is the problem.