Epson Printer Suggestions For Sublimation

ergun

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Printer iX6850
Hi all, I have a quick question. I want to start a sublimation business. Im after an Epson printer and I have few questions. For t-shirt printing which size printer do I need A4 or A3 ? I am not sure if a A4 size printer is a good option for t-shirt printing therefor I want a A3 size printer but price for A3 size printers is x3 compared to A4 printers. Im after something that I can use for mugs as well as t-shirts any advice?
Thanks.

blue_lazer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Brother HL-L3290CDW
I have been also looking into getting into sublimation. My friend has a ET-2800 mainly for doing mugs, tumblers, coasters, etc. but rarely t shirts.

If you want to get into t shirts, I’d suggest you consider A3+, as a regular A4 printer will be rather limiting in size for t shirts. Then again as you mentioned, the ET-15000 is nearly 3 times as expensive as ET-2800, so it can be a dilemma on whether or not it is worth the investment.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Epson WF-7310 DTWF is relatively cheap (about €180) and can handle A3+. User replaceable waste ink tank and can use refillable cartridges or use the original chip on refillable cartridges + resetter. At the end of the day I would suggest to take out the carts with sublimation ink and put in flushing/cleaning cartridges to clean the nozzles (to prevent clogging). Just swap out the carts will automatically prime the print head and will flush all nozzles and keep your print head in good condition, because sublimation ink is very prone to cause tenacious (and even irreversible) clogs. This is not possible with ecotank printers like the ET-15000.

blue_lazer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Brother HL-L3290CDW
where can I get T812 compatible chips? I can only find refillable T812 cartridges and CISS that don’t come with chips. I don’t think there’s chipless firmware available yet, unless I haven’t looked far enough.

Latest posts