epson pm 850 pt blinking red

zawma

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hello everyone, I have a problem regarding my Epson Pm850 PT, my friend bought it in Japan. the problem is if i open my printer it blink in red and theres a japanese erorr message in the its tiny monitor. i have tried the sscserve utility but failed to reset. can anyone help me here? thank you everyone. here is the link of Epson PM 850 PT picture: http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/members/DM/DMNEWS/20020305/14/epson.jpg

zawma

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hello again everyone.i feel sad about my post that nothing seems to reply. well anyway I've got it fix. gonna share to everyone who have the same printer Epson Pm 850 PT about the error code in Japanese language. i don't know what the error code is because i don't know Japanese language but here is the step that i make:
1. run the SSCService utility
2. choose your installed printer Epson PM 850 PT in the configuration and then in the printer mode choose epson stylus 925/935 then close SSCService (you can find it in the taskbar)
3. right click sscservice utility in the taskbar go to Extra, click soft reset...(you can hear the printer responding..)
4. go to protection counter, click reset protection counter and clear counter overflow
5. do a powerful headclean 3 or 4 times
6. turn off your printer
7. turn on (there's no error code in mini display and you can use again your PM 850 PT printer!!)

here's the link for the SSCService utility: http://www.ssclg.com/download/sscserve.exe

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Welcome to the forum, zawma.

The reason no one responded is because this apparently was a problem that no one ever encountered before, but now, thanks to your solution, we will know the solution in case anyone else ever has the same problem.

Thanks for posting your findings. A lot of people would have just simply kept it to themselves.