Epson Photo Stylus R800 ink light

nicholas'mom

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
After replacing 2 Cyan cartridges two weeks apart, my Cyan ink indicator is showing no ink, and my ink light and my printer in still on. After several restarts, and following the replacement process, nothing seems to help. Ideas?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I guess the first few questions are basic ones..

- What brand of cartridge are you using? (Epson branded?, generics (which ones)?)
- When you say you followed the "replacement process" do you mean you took the cartridge out then replaced it?
- Are you using a chip resetter or something similar to reset the chip values?

With that info' and any other you might have, we're more likely to be able to help...

In the interim you might want to try removing the cyan cartridge, cleaning the chip and just checking that the contacts in the print head (where the cartridge slots in) haven't been bent out of alignment..

nicholas'mom

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I always buy Epson direct cartridges. As far the instructions, I follow the screen prompts. I am not sure what a chip resetter is. I am curious to what is a chip resetter is. I will also take a closer look at the alignment. Is this something I can visibly see? How can I clean the chip? THANKS

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Hi...
There could be several reasons for this. First of all, try cleaning the contacts (where the green chip on the cartridge touches the metal contacts on the print head) Use a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol ONLY!

Next, take a look at your cartridge. There is a large amount of counterfeit cartridges on the market right now. Most of the counterfeits say "made in the UK or Ireland" and come in rectangular boxes, nor the Epson usual box. The packages look similar, but the insides are fake. I know, because I have been burned on these lately.
They claim to be "genuine Epson", but they may not be genuine.

Make sure you purchase only from a reputable dealer.
Also, if your printer is less than 12 months old, then it is still under warranty, so Epson will fix it or replace it.

In any case, I'd like to know what happens...Good Luck!!

nicholas'mom

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I AWALYS buy from Epson, and unfortunately the printer is out of warranty. I will try your suggestion to clean the heads, THANKS