Epson P700/P900: resetter + refillable seems to be available

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Nobody? What do you experts think about the Black Enhance Overcoat-Technology? Can this be done with 3rd party ink sets or is there a secret in the Epson Pro-10 inks for this effect?
You bet this is an Epson secret.
As far as I understood one of the reasons they don't need CO ( gloss equalizer) as Canon.

Lothman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
in the meantime I got the p900. One of the grey carts is very low so I cannot print very much with OEM material, but some first attemps on Epson prof. glossy paper are dissapointing using Epson profiles only with the max. print settings the strawberry got printed fine otherwise a tend towards orange/yellow. So this first experience was pretty frustrating. All stuff from Epson but no proper results. Then I thoughtOK may be my error and I printed also from the Epson print software and choosed all paramters according to the Epson Paper but got the same result :-(
With my p800, refilled and profiled with colormunki I got much better results.
I ordered the Farbenwerk Inkset and a resetter. We will see what I can get out of the p900 when profiled.

EDIT: I also cannot see a big difference when BEO is selected, so I'm afraid this is more marketing than a real benefit.

Last edited:

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Thanks Lothar for the update: I did make an error in one of my posts concerning the Inktec Powerchrome K3 ink and it should be P800....not the p900 (maybe of my Freudian desire to upgrade hahaha). Did you purchase the version with the paper roll option ?

Lothman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
no I have no additional roll holder, I have this with my p800 but never used it:oops:

Lothman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I just got the refillable Cartridges from Aliexpress and mounted the Chip from the original cartridges because they are transperant where you can see the ink level and they are easier to refill. I hoped, but I cannot reset a cartridge what has not shown the yellow empty signal, the old ink level stays alive although I had reset the cartridge.

Farbenwerk claims full compatibility of OEM and their Pigmera GX ink but anyhow: has anybody an estimation when the tubes and the printhead will be flushed with new ink?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
If you want to be sure and be prepared to sacrifice some ink: with the P800 I had to execute 5 cleaning cycles to flush the tubes and prime the print head with the new ink: It is best NOT to execute the 5 cleaning cycles consecutively, but execute 2x in a row, wait about 10 minutes, again 2x in a row, wait 10 minutes and finally a last cleaning cycle. The maintenance tank of the P900 is unfortunately closed, so you will have to open it to exchange the sponge material unlike the Pro 3800/3880/P800 open maintenance tank in which I put a folded piece of paper kitch towel into the central open hole and exchange it after each cleaning cycle. My guess is the P900 has a similar length of tubing from the cartridges to the print head like the P800 printer.

Lothman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I hoped, but I cannot reset a cartridge what has not shown the yellow empty signal, the old ink level stays alive although I had reset the cartridge.
Sorry I was wrong. The Chip resetter has no exact guiding slot for the cartridges so I missed the exact pins on the cartridges. After a helpful mail contact with Farbenwerk I retried and voilà all carts are reset. This is very convenient because I normally refill all carts when one is empty and then can reset them to "full".