EPSON P50 CISS Not Printing Yellow and black

pegas20

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson p50
after installing a new CISS to my Epson p50 .the printer isn't printing the yellow and black color at all (ink is not coming out at all ) . i did few nozzel check . and made sure that there is no air inside . check everything i know but when i nozzle check pattern . a day earlier before i install the CISS the printer was printing all right .the ink is good as well i use it in multiple printers

Attachments

• maint5.jpg
    maint5.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 333

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
what did you use before installing the CISS ? - Epson cartridges or refill cartridges or ? Can you switch back to those to test the nozzles ?

pegas20

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson p50
i was using a CISS but at some point it started not recognizig some of the chips until it's stop recognizing it so i just bought a new one.
i can't switch back to it since it's no longer working

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
at some point it started not recognizig some of the chips
did the driver do a firmware update at that time ? that's a typical effect of it.
Are the new cartridges of the CISS the same type as the ones of the old CISS ? The problem is that you need to find out and separate whether it is actually a clog in the printhead or some other problem with the inkflow - like incomplete priming of the cartridges ? Do you have any other cartridges - original or 3rd party - available ?

pegas20

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson p50
initially i thought it might be something to do with inkflow since the printer was working a day earlier . but i spent a couple of hours making sure there is no air problem and the cartdiges are full . and more time doing nozzel check .but not a single drop of black or yellow in .
i have no idea if the driver updated or no i surely didn't updated myself .
i guess i have to find some catridges and see if it's a clog in the printhead or something else .

akramjef

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson p50 printer
this is ink starvation usually occur when you use new system, it is air trapped in the print head causing misfire . prime the cartridges again to ensure that there is no air in the outlet of the cartridges , install the system ,do print head cleaning cycle twice, if there is still missing nozzle , let the printer to stand for 24 h, check again. usually the air bubble will dissolve in the ink and the nozzle will start working normally. this happened to me several times and i solve it with this procedure.