Epson p400 paper feed issues, help please and thx!

artprinter1

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson surecolor p400
Hi I have an epson surecolor p400 with continual issues re paper feed, paper not printing or for some reason only recognizing the roll paper option (the roll paper attachment removed. I am trying to print velvet fine art paper in the rear paper feeder, I have it selected as paper source and the correct size of paper is selected yet still I get the following

'A roll paper is loaded but the paper source selected is not appropriate..or correct....?
I think got that right
Any one else with a similar issue or knowledge about how to trouble shoot this,
Thank
artprinter1

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I was using a P400 for quite a while but never the roll paper option. I remember there was a button to press for 3 seconds to remove it/go back to normal operation a gain, you may consult the user manual. What are the normal driver/paper settings you want to use - it may help to post a screen shot of the driver settings.

artprinter1

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson surecolor p400
Hi Roben, thanks for you reply. Unfortunately it's not a jammed or stuck paper issue. It's seems to be a paper source settings issue, but I will try shutting down and pressing that button, it may reset or clear something something

artprinter1

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson surecolor p400
I was using a P400 for quite a while but never the roll paper option. I remember there was a button to press for 3 seconds to remove it/go back to normal operation a gain, you may consult the user manual. What are the normal driver/paper settings you want to use - it may help to post a screen shot of the driver settings.
Hi Ink Stained Fingers, thanks for your reply. Yes I have never used the roll paper function, in fact I removed them. I only print 8 .50 by 11 inch letter size fine art prints. The p400 was working for a while but very glitchy and I would have to keep refeeding the paper and often I felt it was stalling as it was only recognizing the roll paper option, I could hear it..whirring ..?Eventually I would get my print. Now it won't recognized my rear fine art feeder or even my auto feed options, even though I select and test either in my printer preferences and I get the same error message as above .I'm not at home so I can't give a screen shot right now but will. I've tried setting it to rear fine art..and sheet, anything but the roll paper option but get the same error code, I'm worried I may have a hardware issue, any advice appreciated.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm worried I may have a hardware issue, any advice appreciated.
This appears to me more likely now; I don't know if and where a sensor is located, or the position of some mechanical parts - paper feeds rollers - are not completely at their place.
You may do one thing - install the roller option as described in the manual - print a sheet - and de-install it again.

artprinter1

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson surecolor p400
Yes I think that's something to try, thx!

Latest posts