Epson L805 vs L130. Thoughts?

glasseye

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 9800
Thank you Glasseye! I've been printing nonstop since I got the L805 and loving every bit of it!

Everything's great except that it seems to print perfectly only via the Epson software. This is strange. Printing via photoshop or any other software shows multiple issues like lines etc. on the prints.

What software do you use?

"Lines in the prints" are a hardware (ie printer) problem, not software.

I use Photoshop to print photographs. Photoshop does, however have to talk to the printer's driver software, so there are two layers at work there. Inside the Epson driver software is a tab labelled "Utility". Use that tab to check nozzle health and to clean and align nozzles.

Frequent printing is the best way to keep nozzles clean.

Find one media (paper) and stick to it. Changing media frequently introduces too many variables when you're troubleshooting.

Tassem

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L805
Thanks Glasseye. Hardware was my worry initially, but the prints are brilliant when I'm using the Epson Photo+ or Print Layout Software. This is especially true for photographs.

So last night, I refreshed the drivers and added a photoshop plugin after the Epson Photo+ software decided it doesn't want to work anymore and voila, issue fixed. Now I can print direct from photoshop with no issues whatsoever. I googled a bit and found out that this particular lines/banding issue is fairly common and a software one. However, people find out after having extensively troubleshot for a hardware issue :)

I was worried about frequent printing, but the easiest way to do that is to print activities and other stuff for my 4 year old everyday. He loves it too! I customise activities with his favorite TV characters et all. Loves it.

I've ordered for a set of frames so that I can print more of my photography work. And albums to fill up with candid family pics. Who would've thought a printer would make me so happy :D

"Lines in the prints" are a hardware (ie printer) problem, not software.

I use Photoshop to print photographs. Photoshop does, however have to talk to the printer's driver software, so there are two layers at work there. Inside the Epson driver software is a tab labelled "Utility". Use that tab to check nozzle health and to clean and align nozzles.

Frequent printing is the best way to keep nozzles clean.

Find one media (paper) and stick to it. Changing media frequently introduces too many variables when you're troubleshooting.

glasseye

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 9800
Excellent. Glad to hear it. First time I've heard of software causing line skips. Glad you figured it out.

Who would've thought a printer would make me so happy

It's not a photograph until it's a print. :)

Tassem

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L805
Excellent. Glad to hear it. First time I've heard of software causing line skips. Glad you figured it out.

I'll try and post a pic of what I'm talking about. It's almost like it's not making enough passes. Not sure if that makes sense. I'm still figuring out all the print terms. So far it's only yes it prints, no it doesn't print hehe

It's not a photograph until it's a print. :)

I'm beginning to realise that! Digital kinda made a lot of people (including me) forget the feel of looking at a framed photograph or flipping through the pages of an album. Making up for it now.