Epson L800 Experience

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Ooops - o.k., that's a difference indeed , I'm actually using an L805 at this time, not an L800 anymore which may explain such differences. Do you find any timer options on the Advanced Tab instead ?

DonC

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Artisan 1430
Ooops - o.k., that's a difference indeed , I'm actually using an L805 at this time, not an L800 anymore which may explain such differences. Do you find any timer options on the Advanced Tab instead ?

No, it seems like a strange oversight. Especially to have auto power off enabled by default, which is usually bad for keeping printheads free of problems.

DonC

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Artisan 1430
I downloaded the L805 driver and it seems to communicate with the printer. I'll see what happens if I use it to change the setting.

DonC

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Artisan 1430
No luck with the 805 or 1800 drivers - when I 'send' the relevant timer setting it doesn't seem to hold. This is very frustrating, as it seems like the setting should be there, but is locked out with this strange message: "Option Information has already been stored. Therefore you do not need to enter any information." I even found the Epson adjustment program and reset the EPROM (!) but still no luck.

Another strange thing I noticed is that when you get into the windows printer settings the only available paper type is 4x6 (see below).
Capture.JPG

If anyone with an L800 can tell me if this is all normal I would be most appreciative.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
What happens when you hit the Preferences button ? do you get to the regular driver window ?

DonC

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Artisan 1430
What happens when you hit the Preferences button ? do you get to the regular driver window ?

Yes, just the regular driver window.

However, I woke up this morning to find the printer still on! Something I did seems to have worked.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I woke up this morning to find the printer still on!
Epson miracles...............!

Yes, just the regular driver window.
So you have access to all paper formats, you can change it - click o.k. o.k., and your new format should be saved as the default format

Edit:

DonC

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Artisan 1430
Yes, this Epson voodoo is weird. I got the default paper format to normal as well.