Epson L series printer - refill ink

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Does anyone know that ink for Epson L series (all L series except L800, for ex. L3xx, L2xx, L1xx) is pigment or dye? I can't work that out in the specs of the printer on Epson website.
Most likely dye ink... no confirmation but as they are budget printers and pigment ink is expensive it's unlikely Epson would put them in a CIS system. That and the clogging potential.

Does anyone know what exactly "ink charging" do? Epson has that kind of things on their L series and are required to be run after each time refill.
Presumably to flush out any air that might have acculumated as well as freshen things up with the new ink supply. Same process happens with new ink cartridges.

I suppose that process wash out all the ink in all tube and print head, and replace them with new ink just be filled in tank. If so, then when we refill ink there is a significant amount of ink being waste!!
There's always a significant amount of waste with Epson inkjet printers. Much of it is down to the technology being easy to clog and the way that users can foul things up so there's an element of "worst case scenario" that requires an extended priming routine to ensure there's minimal likelihood of air in the system causing "clog" like symptoms.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
L800 use dye ink. I believe there should be some non-ink stuff inside the tubes like in new printhead, but what do I know, I don't have this printer.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I believe there should be some non-ink stuff inside the tubes like in new printhead
Given the problems that air ingestion causes in the Artisan/PX/TX 700 - 837 models that's a safe bet.

If there wasn't anything in the system the nozzles would be a mess of foam and "clogs" otherwise.

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
L800 use dye ink. I believe there should be some non-ink stuff inside the tubes like in new printhead, but what do I know, I don't have this printer.
Oh, I though Epson use pigment ink for that. It would be wonderful if Epson use pigment ink. Maybe people will just buy the printer and then refill it with OCP pigment ink. I like L series logic board more than the chinese ARC which is not stable.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Today I found and old 1pl nozzle check print from my 6700D on canon Pro paper, and looked at tit using high magnification. Compared it to my Brother with 1.5pl nozzles and all I can say is that it's huge difference. The raster accuracy of Brother is better, but droplets from Canon are so small I'm almost unable to see them for light colors.

So new print head beats any EPSON, or Canon Pro printer for that matter because nobody make 1pl printer these days.

But I agree nothing simpler that puring ink into L800, and printing away.