cline51

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ET7750
Ok - I have run tests - these are the results:

A5 Portrait, matte paper setting from rear tray - no smear
A5 Landscape, matte paper setting from rear tray - yes smear
A5 landscape, matter paper setting from rear tray - smear is very faint but still there
A4 Portrait, envelope setting - smear is very faint but still there
A4 Portrait, matter paper setting from front tray - smear is very faint but still there

I am printing from Photoshop so use the driver in there.

It does seem to be getting fainter so maybe if I just keep running paper through it will go away!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
If a roller is dirty you can take an A4 sheet , feed it via the rear feeder, keep the first half dry and wet the second half with window cleaner, and print a white page. That should clearly show if and where a roller is transmitting the stains.

CapoKees

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
I am not the Epson expert Earlier were posting on smudging with a different Epson printer. You can review what was said to get some familiarity before getting more definitive help.

https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/epson-p6000-ink-smudges-lines.13950/

To facilitate one of the experts helping you please provide more info such as:
  • Post an image(s) of the problem
  • Is the paper curved or bent in any way
  • What size paper?
  • Any ink leaking on or around the print head or in the printer?
Hello - I am hoping that someone maybe able to help me. I have an Epson ET7750 which is great and suits me perfectly. However I have recently encountered a problem which is sending me a crazy!

When I print on my art paper (Epson Archival Matte Paper) each print ends up with a small smear at the top left hand corner of the print. I'm wondering if I should get in and clean the printer - just wanted some advice if possible - thank you
Hello - I am hoping that someone maybe able to help me. I have an Epson ET7750 which is great and suits me perfectly. However I have recently encountered a problem which is sending me a crazy!

When I print on my art paper (Epson Archival Matte Paper) each print ends up with a small smear at the top left hand corner of the print. I'm wondering if I should get in and clean the printer - just wanted some advice if possible - thank you
Hi Stratman - thank you for your reply.

I had a look at that post - I don't have curled paper as it's just flat from the box. I think it must be a cleaning issue.

I have attached some images - of the problem and of the inside of the printer. This does not happen on normal paper - just the Epson Archival Matte. I have set the printer to handle thick paper in the settings. I do wonder if I need to clean the inside - I wanted to check what I can clean safely though and the best way to do it.
Hello Cline,
I had the same problem with my ET-7700 which is the A4 model of the ET-7750.
I had rather large smears of black ink at my photo's, I solved this by cleaning the square part of your photo 4720 with a piece of folded kitchenpaper.
To reach this square you must swich on the printer and tear out the maincord as soon as the printhead moves, this must be done very rapidly.
After that you can move by hand the printhead to the left and start cleaning the foam parts at the square place where normally the printhead stays when the printer has been switched off.
This for me solved this problem, I saw that this problem also happens after quit a while no using the printer, now I clean the foam already before using it.
When cleaning the square I also control al the other foams at the bottom, but they are mostly clean.
Hope this will help you, wish lots of succes.
Kees