Epson ecotank 7700- year old printer with leaking problems

LauraF123

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ecotank 7700
Hello everyone, I am new here and have no idea if I am allowed too be part of this community if I come with zero knowledge of printers?
Anyway, worth a try because I do not know where else too turn! I have the Epson Eco printer ET-7700 and it has been working fantastic for a year- but recently it is leaking black ink on every printout. I have researched all there is to know on YouTube, performed cleaning routines, maintenance cleans, and all the recommendations that were available. nothing is topping the leaking, I still have a tank full of ink- only one colour is running low. I do not know who to call or what to do!!

it is still printing but now with lines etc. I will attach photos if that helps.

please help!
tempImage9B4K0l.jpg

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You may have a look to this thread addressing about the same problems

https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/ecotank-et-7750-ink-contamination-or-something-else.13655/

It is rather likely that pigment residue on the cleaning pad transfers to the bottom to the nozzle plate, you should disengage the printhead

- turn off the printer

- turn on the printer and as soon as the printhead starts moving pull the power cord

- use some window cleaner and wipe off the cleaning pads with some kitchen towel paper

- place some of such paper into the bottom of the print mechanism and slide the printhead over it to wipe off
ink from the nozzle plate

- do some test prints

This is a known weakness of the ET-7700/7750 models and you need to check the cleaning unit now and then, the problem may reoccur after a while.