Epson Artisan 837 does not recognize ink cartridges

annel

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 710, Canon PRO 100
My problem ended up being a damaged chip on my CISS cartridge. It all started when the seal broke and rather than replacing it I tried to tape it. Live and learn. Hope the others on this thread solved their issue with unrecognizable cartridges.

Celso

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX722
Thank you very for your input. I am happy that you solved your problem. I ended up buying a new printer (Canon MX722). Not sure what to do with the Artisan 730 but I will probably toss it out.

annel

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 710, Canon PRO 100
Or keep it and try again later - or you might possibly get something for parts. I still have several 710's sitting in my closet that are not serviceable but I have not tossed them yet. Hope you are happy with your Canon.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Thank you very for your input. I am happy that you solved your problem. I ended up buying a new printer (Canon MX722). Not sure what to do with the Artisan 730 but I will probably toss it out.
@annel is right, don’t trash the 730 printer, store and keep it till your in a better frame of mind and you just might be able to get it working again one day, if you toss it you’ll have lost that opportunity..

josemapiro

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Photo PX730WD
Hello everyone
I have an Epson PX730WD that has the same problem.
I have seen that no one could solve the problem, but he liked to take some doubts.
1. When did the head cleaning removed the print head?
2. The head was dipped in a liquid for cleaning?
3, hung up the tape printer head connection?
I think the problem is not in ink cartridges but the print head.
I do not know if you have entered some liquid to the electronics of the printer head that causes this.
Or otherwise the ink does not flow to the head as it should and causes this error, I read somewhere that when one cartridge ink error from time to time, it should be to lack of ink, ie the ink does not flow in sufficient quantity and the error as if it were empty.
Forgive me my English not being the best and hope that I can understand.

Thanks
José Rodrigues

KellyFettes

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
Did anyone get this issue fixed? I am having the exact same problem on 2 Epson Artisan 1430's. 5 in and all but the missing one recognized. All 6 in and none recognized.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"