Epson Artisan 835 Head Alignment ??

alaa945

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hello. guys
while i am printing some documents text&colors, on plan papers with high speed (and some times without high speed) i noticed that there is vertical an horizontal overlap bands
and I did many head alignment but no success, the nozzle check is excellent. this problem not found on photo printing.
and the more strange is the horizontal lines in the top of the paper are overlapping BUT is the bottom of the paper is separating !!!!!
now what can i do ??? and how can i reset my printer head alignment???

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The first thing you do when you get an Artisan is run the test of printhead nozzle checks and alignment test before truly taking possession.
These printers seem to suffer from poor final adjustment at the factory. When you get a good one, it is quite good. When you get one that doesn't align, it is sent back and then fixed and then it appears as a refurbished in the Epson Clearance Store. Anyways, from the multiple units that I have come across this is what I experienced. Some simply cannot align properly. Some align perfectly the first time round and never shift.

Your problem might be something else but for anyone getting an Artisan, run the battery of tests and check before throwing out the box.

alaa945

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
mikling said:
The first thing you do when you get an Artisan is run the test of printhead nozzle checks and alignment test before truly taking possession.
These printers seem to suffer from poor final adjustment at the factory. When you get a good one, it is quite good. When you get one that doesn't align, it is sent back and then fixed and then it appears as a refurbished in the Epson Clearance Store. Anyways, from the multiple units that I have come across this is what I experienced. Some simply cannot align properly. Some align perfectly the first time round and never shift.

Your problem might be something else but for anyone getting an Artisan, run the battery of tests and check before throwing out the box.
so my dear what i should do now???
this problem only on normal print of a solid colors on plan papers like purge color pupers, BUT it is excellent on text printing and photo printing without ant align.
so i contacted EPSON and they said regarding resetting of my printer:

1) From the Home screen of the unit, go to Setup.
2) Choose Restore Default Settings.
3) Select Reset All except Network & Fax Settings.

is it right ? just i want to reset the head alignment to zero out.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
You can reset then do all alignment tests to check out the printer. Use a magnifying glass if required. If the alignment tests and adjustments cannot yield a proper print then the built in routines are out of range and need factory software and adjustment. Return is likely called for.