Epson artisan 810 CISS problem

ink-solutions

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson,Canon,Hp,Brother
Hello all i seem to be having some problem with a CISS for a 810.. with the CISS installed i get this error message: (A printer error has occurred. Turn power off and then on again. For details, see your documentation or epson.com).. What you guys think ? i see alot of people having this problem an i have given up on the printer an then decide to try printer with some original in an it worked fine, fine an well.. So what do you guys think ?

ink-solutions

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson,Canon,Hp,Brother
How can i know for sure ? after i take the CISS off i have to leave printer plugged out for awhile before it works with the original ink.. but i think its for sure now that its the CISS that i causing the problem..

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I think you answered your own question... The printer doesn't work with the CIS installed, but works with normal cartridges... Easy to conclude that there is a problem with the chips.

Could be that the cartridges are not seated properly, causing the chips to be slightly misaligned and unable to connect to the printer wire contacts.

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
Where did you get your CIS from? One of the defective refill kits I bought, the crossbars that push the chip bar against the pins weren't long enough. It needs to be very very tight. I used some thick masking tape around the bars to increase the pressure. It worked, but the rest of the system did not. Now I use refillable cartridges with the chips on the cart.

ink-solutions

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson,Canon,Hp,Brother
I got CISS from a chinese company.. they are going to send me back the kits..

miraus

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Ok, CISS come with combo chip or Individual Chip ?

ink-solutions

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson,Canon,Hp,Brother
they came with combo chips..