Epson Artisan 50 ink usage.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The source of the information is me playing with the darn printers. That's why my RX580 waste ink is still dry at the top despite what now 3 or 4 years of daily use. Similar story with the 260 of which I had stored 4. Now down to zero, I need the space. The arly chips in conjunction with the early printers allowed this. V3.1 and lower I can confirm is good for that. Great chips ....if your printer can handle it.

Now the Artisan 50 is great because it connects a waste ink in a snap but it does still waste a lot more and I always hated the darn thing needing to reset during a print job. Oddly enough the R1800s could not reset all at once either.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Had a feeling it might be the "self-abuse" option but always good to know whether stuff is first hand of from another source.

Strange that the newer ARC's aren't taking this into account but then I guess this is where Epson pushed things to reduce CIS effectiveness and/or economic advantages.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Yep ARC chips suck on the Artisan 50. I got a brand new ARC CIS just sealed back up waiting for my current one to run out, with my profile on the denser ink in my button type CIS, not the generic ARC CIS light ink, it uses less ink. But when it runs out I'll transfer that old ink into the new button CIS. The ARC chips I found out now need to be removed from the printer then you have to press the ink button on a empty carriage let it detect no cartridges are installed then reinstall them to get just the one "empty" cartridge to reset. Then soon enough you'll have to do it again for each color that runs out. My new CIS with a button resets all chips when one runs out so it's very convenient.