Epson 3880 doesn't recognize a new EOM Maintenance cartridge.

paulo

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880
- Before I went on vacation I decided to finally update osx to 14.41 as I was several releases behind.

- When I went to print the panel displayed a message that I needed to replace the maintenance cart. I removed the old cart and inserted a new EOM cart and closed the door. The panel briefly displayed a message that it did not detect an ink cartridge and then the message changed to replace the maintenance cartridge (same as before) although the newly inserted cartridge was EOM and new.

- I cleaned the contact on the maint cart with an eraser and added a couple of pieces of tape to the side opposite the contact to help assure the cart chip was making contact.

- At this point I discovered that I could open the ink bay door only if I pressed the open button in the brief period when the msg indicated it could not detect an ink cart. I cleaned the contacts on all the carts and checked that they were well seated. I continue to get the msg to replace the maintenance cartridge.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Any help would be appreciated.
Most likely what’s happened is the new O/S doesn’t recognise the printer, if possible try and reinstall the print driver, but again your printer is probably to old, so try reverting back to your old O/S..

This is a common issue with new Mac O/S ..