Epson 220ml cartridges, cleaning out ink bag

repro

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi

I need to be able to clean out an epson 220ml bag before refilling it, can anyone tell me the best way and best solution to do this please?

Regards

Repro

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
repro said:
I need to be able to clean out an epson 220ml bag before refilling it, can anyone tell me the best way and best solution to do this please?
Would probably be useful to know what sort of ink you would have in the bag initially and/or intend to use.

K

Kevinator

I would recommend getting "Refillable Cartridges" why bother cleaning out original cartridges and spend time with bags. I use refillable cartridges from Macro Enter and have had great success with my HP z2100.

With refillable cartridges:
There are no bags
They are clear so you can see how much ink is inside
Have a resettable chip
Can fill with whatever ink you link
Easier to use

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
repro is thinking of reusing the OEM cartridges that hold the ink in a bladder. The older cartridges allowed easy refilling until changes were made in the design.

Fill with water, swish around. Suck out water till the bladder collapses..invert if necessary. Repeat till water come out clear. When refilling with chosen ink/solution make sure that there is not air within the bladder at the exit. Hold up and suck out air until ink comes out. You're done.

K

Kevinator

I know he was trying refill an OEM cartridge. But it seems like a long hassle if you ask me. Thats why I mentioned refillable cartridges to him.

Fill with water, swish around. Suck out water till the bladder collapses..invert if necessary. Repeat till water come out clear. When refilling with chosen ink/solution make sure that there is not air within the bladder at the exit. Hold up and suck out air until ink comes out. You're done.
Seems like so much work.

But I guess I should look at it from a seller point of view, I am consumer I would want the easiest solution. I guess if Repro is selling remanufactured epson cartridges then He would need to know how to clean out the bag.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
The beauty of this approach is that you can remove the air and ensure that none gets into the printhead thus avoiding potential clogged nozzles with foam bubbles as the culprit.

Besides, recycling can't be a bad thing... :)