Epson 2200 external waste ink mod - My video using "Printer Potty"

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Martin ( Websnail ) contacted me a while back for supplemental some photos of my 2200 waste ink conversions.
I decided to also shoot a detailed video which he could use as part of his general instructions for his "Printer Potty" waste ink system.

I performed two conversions with a simple ex CISS bottle as the waste container but for this video, I substituted the bottles with a "Printer Potty".
Unlike the many Epson RXXXX models, the stylus 2100 and 2200 are a bit more difficult to access the internal waste ink tube as the side panels are not easily removed and the sides as internally lined with 3/8" thick Styrofoam. So after a bit of "figuring" and building up the nerve, I was finally able to successfully tackle the 1st one.
The other two came easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPPfPsqO-BI

Thanks to Martin for the original details which led to this video.

Joe

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
Excelent video! Even though you said at some point that you blocked the view, the steps were very clearly shown. Beautiful! Thank you!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Nice one Jose, it's great when it all comes together like that so flawlessly,
I wish I had gotten an Epson.. :bow

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Thanks you all!
This was the last EPSON printer model that I had not been able to modify and save from the waste ink onslaught!
I sort of new what to do but I was afraid to continue to pull the opposite end of the tube, as it had quite a bit of tension.
By the way, although we can of course use a recycled ink bottle to catch the waste, I must say that websnail's "Printer Potty" is a very elegantly designed piece of kit, and I can truthfully say that I would, without the slightest hesitation recommending it to any Epson owner who might be looking to modify their printer.

Joe

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
jtoolman said:
By the way, although we can of course use a recycled ink bottle to catch the waste, I must say that websnail's "Printer Potty" is a very elegantly designed piece of kit, and I can truthfully say that I would, without the slightest hesitation recommending it to any Epson owner who might be looking to modify their printer.
:cool: Who do I make that check* out to again Joe? :D

*ahem*

On a more serious note, I really appreciate the feedback you've provided on this and, of course, for helping out with the installation approach so thoroughly. Learned a couple of useful video tips along the way myself.

*Translation:
Check (US/Can) = Cheque (UK/Aus) ;)

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Send that million right over Martin!

Take care
Joe

websnail