Epson 1500W Problem Help Needed.

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I really need help with this printer here is what happened
the status told me ink low and to refill 1 cartridge so since the others were low I refilled all before the status told me to now I can not use my printer as the ink light on the printer will not go off, so I ordered new cartridges from octoink since I think the new cartridges are reset but still I cannot the light to turn off, does anyone know what I can do? I also tried a resetter but I could not get the red light to turn green, thank you.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
are these new cartridges - first time use ? Did you already contacted the supplier of those ? What does the Epson status monitor tell you - can you post a screen shot please ?

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
are these new cartridges - first time use ? Did you already contacted the supplier of those ? What does the Epson status monitor tell you - can you post a screen shot please ?
Yes they are new cartridges I received today so first time use, I uninstalled the epson driver as I had version 6.91 installed and am installing older version that came with the printer cd, if I have the same results I will post screen shot thank you.

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Still the same here is a screen shot
Error_zpsylwj32ii.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] [URL=http://s181.photobucket.com/user/SpartanWarriors/media/Error_zpsylwj32ii.jpg.html] [/URL]

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
just give this a try - there is a button in the status monitor window 'How to' and cycle through it, and just reseat the cartridges in the exchange position of the printhead carriage and move to the end of the process. There had been reports that this approach may help in some occasions.

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
just give this a try - there is a button in the status monitor window 'How to' and cycle through it, and just reseat the cartridges in the exchange position of the printhead carriage and move to the end of the process. There had been reports that this approach may help in some occasions.
Do you mean where it says how to in the screen shot? it just tells you how to change the cartridges, I have noticed when I install the cartridges and press the ink button the printhead carriage will only move a little to the right and stop, then I need to press the ink button again for it to go back in the middle, thanks.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Depending on the chip version you have, it is likely that the Black chip is defective, thus causing all 6 to come up as not recognized. Change the black chip and see what happens.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Starting with the 'How to' button you will be guided through the cartridge exchange process, several more screens come up explaining the next step in detail. You don't need to touch the ink button on the printer at all.

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Depending on the chip version you have, it is likely that the Black chip is defective, thus causing all 6 to come up as not recognized. Change the black chip and see what happens.
I'll try that tomorrow thanks.

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Starting with the 'How to' button you will be guided through the cartridge exchange process, several more screens come up explaining the next step in detail. You don't need to touch the ink button on the printer at all.
Ya but that just explains how to change the cartridges.