• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Steven Brown

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430, Canon Pro 9000
I have a refurbished Epson 1430 that I have loaded with B&W carbon inks from inksupply.com. I can see that there is ink in the cartridges and the Epson utility shows the same. However when I make a print the page comes out blank (white). I have gotten it to lay some ink on the page after pressing the ink charging button a few times, but it is not enough to form an image. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to fix this?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
did you use this printer before with regular inks - regular cartridges or refill ? What is the history of this printer - refurbished - by Epson ? How does the nozzle check look - please print, scan and upload here .

Steven Brown

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
This printer came refurbished from/by Epson about one week ago. I never put the color inks in, just the carbon inks. Nozzle check test prints blank as well. Unfortunately the printer is at the school where I teach, which is 30 miles from my current location.

Steven Brown

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
The cartridges are refill cartridges from ink supply.com filled with carbon b&w ink.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It sounds like you didn’t prime the cartridges properly or at all....
Get a set of cheap filled cartridges to test and I bet it will print no bother...

Steven Brown

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Well, Epson did include ink cartridges with the printer, so I can try those. To be honest I did not prime the cartridges before I started printing. Will I need to do anything special now to make it work? Thank you, by the way, for your assistance.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Start up instructions should be supplied with the cartridges, there are some types of models with a somewhat different internal ink channel routing and filtering. A WICReset utility, available on the internet, offers a function 'Ink charge' for most Epson printers which is running an extended cleaning cycle to suck more ink and remaining air than a normal cleaning cycle. But first get the printer running with regular ink cartridges - as supplied .

Steven Brown

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thank, everyone, for your replies. I got the printer to working by removing the little rubber plugs on the top of each of the cartridges. There were no instructions from inksupply and there wasn’t a vent hole in the OEM cartridges, so I didn’t know to do this. I figured this out after replacing the third party carts with the OEM ones, which printed fine. I the put the carbon inks back in, sans plugs, and all was fine.
Thank you, again, to all who tried to help me.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Thanks for your feedback, even if it sounds simple the purpose of the plugs on those cartrigdes should have been explained.