End of an Icon.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Looks like Kodak are preparing to print on its last remaining sheets.
I.E. Bankruptcy is on the card shortly in an effort to rid its self of dept and funding pensions for retiree.

The Company is un lightly to be sold as a going concern so anybody that has a Kodak printer
should either stock up with supplies or dump it in favour of another brand.

So if anyone can Kodak cant.. :(

Article courtesy of Joel Hruska.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
It's hard to imagine the photo world without the name of Kodak being around....................Well I at least have Ilford still around for nostalgia & great paper.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Kodachrome

I think I understand better now how the horse and buggy people felt 100 years ago. :hit

Anyone want to buy a 35 mm SLR Nikon FM2?

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Sad to see this giant fall! Except for a few rolls of Anscochrome, when they came out with a faster color slide film, I shot thousands of pix with Kodachrome (starting with ASA 10) , Ectachrome, Three ASA speeds of B/W, and later, Kodacolor. Much of my b/w darkroom work was done with Kodak papers. Same with my darkroom chemicals. All were excellent products. I still have several of my father's bellows film cameras as well as my first camera - a brownie reflex.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I'm seriously considering converting the Nikkormat 35mm to a digital if I can find someone who knows how to do it and indicate if it's possible or not.

It was an amazing camera almost as old as me now but takes some stunning pictures...

End of an era though... too true...

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
very sad indeed to hear of the probable demise of one of Photographies great enterprise. I have owned Hasselblad/Rollieflex/Leica/Nikon/Mamiyaflex to name but a few. I loved Photography as it was back then. You acquired knowledge and technique both with the camera and in the darkroom. I used many Kodak products and I think you could get 20 people to print something they would use different methods and they would all come out slightly different, unlike todays automated products which are mainly software controlled.

15x12 or 20x16 prints for Exhibition were common back then. Quality B&W was very popular then. I would love to do what I used to do with a few plastic trays, and bottles of various Kodak/Ilford developers. But the cost of a printer to equal this sort of output is outside my means apart from the cost of running it. I am not sure the digital age has achieved very much but perhaps I am biased.:(

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I remember my firs camera ever... I was a little kid, when my dad gave ma a Kodak camera without flash and a 24 photo black and white film :)

Leonardjohn

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
To many to list
George Eastman was truly a pioneer, sorry to see Kodak go....

LJH