Enabling CD-Printing for Canon Printers.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
A step-by-step direction site for showing Canon owners to enable CD printing with their printer. Just choose your model, and very specific directions are provided.

Hope this helps!!

http://pixma.allhyper.com/

Dan@blue-optix

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Anyone know why this option was dissabled in some countries? There are other printers that print on CD's some of the Epson "R" series for example - did these have this function dissabled?

Regs,

D

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
To Dan,

Its my understanding that Phillips owns some of the patients for CD printing---so rather than pay Phillips some fairly high fee in those countries where Canon can't get around the
patient, Canon just does not enable CD printing as a factory option. But since the overall Canon design does allow for cd printing in many models, in those select countries Canon just fails to install a few key parts--something the end user can remedy by do it your self addition.

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
To Dan,

Sure don't understand where I am failing to follow you---your question is why were the Canon's dissabled from printing CD's?---short answer Canon didn't want to pay the royalities on the Phillips patients---so they delibertly did not install some parts in select regions---what agreements Epson has regarding the CD printing is another issue.

But I don't wish to appear arguemenative or hostile--I may just fail to understand your question.