Eight Ways To Print Cheaper and Easier

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
PC World has published an article called Eight Ways To Print Cheaper and Easier. In regards to printing cheaper it advices the following:

1) Print in draft mode

2) Look out for offers in ink and paper (OEM of course)

As I refuse to accept they are _that_ clueless, I think articles such as this are there to send a message to the ink afermarket: you guys make a pie and we (the media) don't get a slice. Indeed, the ink aftermarket seems to be growing (we now have dedicated refiller shop in my small Greek town!) but I just don't see any serious advertising. Sure the product is good, but the big media should be placated as well. Otherwise we might see articles about the harmful effects of non OEM ink :)

(edited to remove "recently" -- the article is published one year ago)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Can't say I'm surprised to see PCWorld saying that though.. After all the OEMs are selling through them and if PCWorld was to put out about 3rd party inks, refilling, or similar practices I could see Canon, Epson, etc... applying pressure for them to detract pretty darned quickly..

Scenes of..
Sorry Madam, we don't stock Canon printers, cameras or anything Canon anymore as we can't seem to secure a supplier
To be honest most people wouldn't want the hassle or problems that come with refilling much less CIS kits and the like so I doubt it'll ever really be mainstream..

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Sorry I was writing about PC World the magazine, not the UK store :)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
panos said:
Sorry I was writing about PC World the magazine, not the UK store :)
Doh!... :D Oh well.. time to crawl back under my rock then ;)