ebay'd R200... D.O.A.. Any suggested checks?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Hi all,

I just received an Epson Photo R200 from someon who'd basically run it into the ground to the point it was showing the double red flashing light - "I need service" error. Figuring the problem to be the whole ink pad and reset counter I decided it was worth pursuing a bargain and learning exercise re: servicing such a printer.

Unfortunately the seller "packed" it (and I use packed in the loosest sense of the word) in it's box with only the bottom polystyrene segments, no bubble wrap or packing material around it on top to protect it or hold the printer in position. Net result I open the printer to find it's been banged about all over the shop and doesn't show any life whatsoever.

Needless to say I've complained to said seller and she's convinced that it was packed just fine... Perhaps she things couriers carry everything right side up like it's china..

So... knowing I'm onto a loser here I've opted to take it apart and learn as much as posible from the whole thing. Now what I'd like to do, is obviously get it all back up and running if I can but I'd appreciate any suggestions of things to try and look for.

So far I've found:
- button panel flat cable was pulled out (slotting back in and trying buttons makes no difference)
- remove power supply and check fuse with multimeter.. (fuse is still working)
- try listening to power supply when plugged in (no sound.. no idea if this means it's working or not) and no idea how to test for functionality

Any other ideas? or is this just as I suspect.. a box of spare parts?

Martin