Dye and pigmented again

freiroma

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Is there someone able to tell me if using dye ink in a pigmented ink cartridge this can destroy the cartridge. I use black dye ink in a Brother DCP-385C whose original come with pigmented ink. The black printhead start failing a couple month later. I took the printer to the service and they asked me if I was using non original cartridges. I lie. They repaired the printer and when I received it back two days after the printer started with the same problem. I went back to service and they told me that they had changed the printhead. For the seconf time the printer is working without showing any problem. Some friends also refer probelms with the black printhead of Brother. Is there anyone who can gice me some thoughts abou this? Thank you

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
freiroma said:
Is there someone able to tell me if using dye ink in a pigmented ink cartridge this can destroy the cartridge. I use black dye ink in a Brother DCP-385C whose original come with pigmented ink. The black printhead start failing a couple month later. I took the printer to the service and they asked me if I was using non original cartridges. I lie. They repaired the printer and when I received it back two days after the printer started with the same problem. I went back to service and they told me that they had changed the printhead. For the seconf time the printer is working without showing any problem. Some friends also refer probelms with the black printhead of Brother. Is there anyone who can gice me some thoughts abou this? Thank you
The simplest answer is no using the dye instead of pigment ink wont harm your print head.
You said you filled your cartridge yourself now that may well be the source of your problem.
Print heads normally just dont fail so you should evaluate your refilling procedures
just to make sure that you are filling them correctly..:)