Duplex Printing

Flynne

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z WiFi
Product Name: HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z WiFi

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The above printer gives unexpected results when set to duplex printing (manual)

It certainly prints on both sides but :-

Odd pages are printed first followed by the even pages.

This results in the even pages on top .

For a 6 page document this gives Pages 2/1(on top) , 4/3 , 6/5 (on bottom).

Granted it is easy to place such a small number of pages in the correct order but very inconvenient for a large number of pages

If the even pages were printed first followed by the odd pages there would no need to rearrange the sheets - they would already be in the correct order.

How can I get the printer to print the even pages first and then the odd pages next when set to Duplex printing ?

The duplex options for this printer are OFF and MANUAL.

Please advise.

FLYNNE

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @Flynne, When using duplex printing on any printer it is always wiser and safer to test a couple of sheets first to see if you have set-up the page layout properly.

There are usually many different setting to be taken care of first, here are a few on the Canon printer, like Staple side, One image on each sheet or Multiples, Orientation, Auto-rotate, Page order, Fit-to Page, print from last Page, Print on both Sides of Paper.

Now all of the above setting have also mutable choices with them, it’s not so easy as to just hit print and everything will come out perfectly, and the biggest factor for any Duplex printing is the Application itself, the best and easiest one to use is the PDF format...

Flynne

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z WiFi
Hello The Hat

Thank You for your prompt reply - Sorry about the double entry.

I decided to take your advice and to use PDF format - this with a little care worked immediately and correctly saving me a lot of frustration.
I found using Google chrome was the simplest application to use in order to save the web page in PDF format..

I could not find this option in Internet Explorer 11.

Thank You for your time you have been most helpful.

Regards

Flynne