Druckerchannel test of ink for the new Canon cartridges

floK

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma IX6850
@martin0reg: thank you for sharing your experience, I understand now that there is not "the best inks", but some almost equally good/ bad ones, that I have to try by myself to see with which I can manage to have better results. It sounds more relaxing to me!

floK

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma IX6850
The good Ink suppliers have tested all of the new 3rd party inks available for the 550/551 range to see which ones preforms the best and will work properly and safely in these machines.
Yes, this is the answer I expected!:thumbsup
The KMP black pigment ink is specially formulated to work in desktop printers along side the dye inks, however this ink is not for use in the Pro pigment printer models
That's very interesting!

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
good luck..

As TheHat already mentioned: the ink for canon "text black" is a special sort of pigment, not like photo black pigment. It seems to be more like a matte black...
.. but note:
... not all inks are the same, for instance, don’t ever try Epson inks in a Canon printer..

PS: as I was asked, here is a german supplier who offers KMP text black in 1-litre-bottles:
https://www.tintenalarm.de/1-liter-...pgi-520bk-pgi-525pgbk-pgi-550pgbk-p-5659.html
...the seller claims "CS" (on the label) would be the manufacturer of KMP ink... I did not try it yet, because I need smaller amounts..

Last edited:

floK

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma IX6850
Thank you, @martin0reg! I asked on PM only because I wasn't sure that you will see my post here.