DPReview is closing April 10th

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Little surprised that nobody else has posted about this but, for anyone that has used DPReview in the past or relied on it as a reference for photo or printing issues, you might want to be aware of this.

DPReview is being shut down by Amazon (the parent company) without a great deal of fanfare. Can't comment on the sense of it but I do know for myself it'll be a useful chunk of my internet reference library that I used to use, particularly for a number of legacy issues with printers. So if you're like me you may want to hoover up any regular references you've come to rely on before the shutters come down.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Pretty sad really as it was a mine of information for photographers, especailly in the Forums. I guess Mr Bezos was not making enough from the Afilliate links to top up his Billionaire lifestyle :idunno

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pretty sad really as it was a mine of information for photographers, especailly in the Forums. I guess Mr Bezos was not making enough from the Afilliate links to top up his Billionaire lifestyle :idunno
Aye... and what makes zero sense is why would a company that has literally gigatons of server capacity not just put the site out to seed as a static archive rather than delete the whole thing?! As one Youtuber put it recently, it's like burning the library of Alexandria. Pure myopic stupidity at worst, ignorance at best...

:he

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
why would a company that has literally gigatons of server capacity not just put the site out to seed as a static archive rather than delete the whole thing?
Have you never heard of cost saving, he didn’t get all his money giving charity..
These guys are all the Feckin same.. :smack

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Aye... and what makes zero sense is why would a company that has literally gigatons of server capacity not just put the site out to seed as a static archive rather than delete the whole thing?! As one Youtuber put it recently, it's like burning the library of Alexandria. Pure myopic stupidity at worst, ignorance at best...

:he
Indeed difficult to understand from a guy who started with a book shop.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model

Latest posts