DPI and PPI Canon PSP and Adobe LR

Slagathor

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 10, MG5320
In LR, when I hit print, the print resolution is always 350 ppi, (I might have selected that once and never changed it) if I have it open PSP, it reports the image as having 240 DPI. There not really the same and I am just curious, is the 240 DPI the "same" as 350 ppi?? Like a conversion from pixels to dots?!?!?!!:confused:

I understand this might sound kinda dumb, but I searched Google and didnt really find an explanation...

Also, does PSP determine the resolution to print at from the paper or ICC profile??

Or should I just leave well enough alone and enjoy the beautiful prints this beast makes??;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Slagathor, the DPI, PPI and LPI thing is a huge conundrum and should be left alone till you have plenty of time to study it properly, it has nothing to do with your printer so carry on enjoying the prints you get from it.

All Photo Applications tend to deal with Pixels in their own little way so every time you use a separate or different one it can get mighty confusing, because they assume you know all about the subject already, so here is a Resolution guide by ANDREW RODNEY that might help you understand it a little better.

Only read it if you can tear yourself away from your printer for ½ an hour, it’s not the best read on the subject but it’s in plain English which helps..

Attachments

• Resolution.pdf
    62 KB · Views: 422