Does this extended nozzle test look ok?

jru

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Hi,

I was able to do an extended nozzle test for the first time on my ip4300.
I don't know how to read it. Does it look ok?
(Note: The Top left grey box actually looks evenly printed on paper)

1853_extnozzlechk2.jpg

I also did an EPROM report.
Anything of note in this?
Is my total number of pages printed TPAGE=08079 ?

1853_eprom_rpt2.gif

Thanks for your suggestions.

P

pgobkac

Based on what I can see, it looks like it has several problems. I hope you didn't do any printing until the issue was resolved.

This is moot for an older iP4300, but my procedure with a new printer is to make the following with both plain paper and inexpensive glossy photo paper (like HP Everyday on rebate) using oem ink:
* nozzle check
* extended nozzle check if nozzle check ok and you know how to do this
* auto alignment if nozzle check ok

On inexpensive photo paper with appropriate Media Type (glossy for HP Everyday):
* solid blocks of rectangular CMYK+R+G+B blocks with High/unidirectional quality, but only if nozzle check is ok
(using Red:255,0,0 Green:0,255,0 Blue:0,0,255 Black:0,00 Cyan:89,147,224 Magenta:170,67,116 Yellow:235,238,75 )
* same with bidirectional/Standard quality, but only if previous test is ok.

* The above two tests should look essentially the same, with no banding. Otherwise, contact Canon.

* if your budget allows, make full sheets of CMYK+R+G+B but only if previous test is excellent

I date these sheets with the serial number of the printer and printhead lot number. Then I set them carefully aside as a baseline. Unless your printer arrives with problems revealed in the nozzle check, it will probably never print better than these sheets.

BTW, I would appreciate receiving emails with scanned attachments of extended or normal nozzle checks from brand new printers. Please clean the scanner platen before scanning, or use a camera with macro capability. 9000ii is of particular interest, although I realize it doesn't have a scanner. Thanks!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
pgobkac said:
Based on what I can see, it looks like it has several problems. I hope you didn't do any printing until the issue was resolved.

This is moot for an older iP4300, but my procedure with a new printer is to make the following with both plain paper and inexpensive glossy photo paper (like HP Everyday on rebate) using oem ink:
* nozzle check
* extended nozzle check if nozzle check ok and you know how to do this
* auto alignment if nozzle check ok

On inexpensive photo paper with appropriate Media Type (glossy for HP Everyday):
* solid blocks of rectangular CMYK+R+G+B blocks with High/unidirectional quality, but only if nozzle check is ok
(using Red:255,0,0 Green:0,255,0 Blue:0,0,255 Black:0,00 Cyan:89,147,224 Magenta:170,67,116 Yellow:235,238,75 )
* same with bidirectional/Standard quality, but only if previous test is ok.

* The above two tests should look essentially the same, with no banding. Otherwise, contact Canon.

* if your budget allows, make full sheets of CMYK+R+G+B but only if previous test is excellent

I date these sheets with the serial number of the printer and printhead lot number. Then I set them carefully aside as a baseline. Unless your printer arrives with problems revealed in the nozzle check, it will probably never print better than these sheets.

BTW, I would appreciate receiving emails with scanned attachments of extended or normal nozzle checks from brand new printers. Please clean the scanner platen before scanning, or use a camera with macro capability. 9000ii is of particular interest, although I realize it doesn't have a scanner. Thanks!
You said you see several problems in the extended nozzle check image. But you don't tell the OP what the problems are.

Communicating the problems you see, along with any solutions you may think of, would be more beneficial than telling us your method of print output checks with a new printer. Same goes for asking people to send you emails of their nozzle checks.

Help the OP in this thread first if you can.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
jru said:
Don't know about extended nozzle checks. Someone esle will need to comment.

I also did an EPROM report.
Anything of note in this?
Is my total number of pages printed TPAGE=08079 ?
Instructions on deciphering the EEPROM print out can be found at https://rapidshare.com/files/69569077/Canon_Service_Mode_EEPROM_Info_1.doc

You can download the file for free as a non-member - just follow the directions for a free download.

This may not be from the same model as your printer but I think it will match up.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
jru said:
Hi,

It looks perfect to me. Here is how to interpret it.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3