Does this exist: microporous swellable photopaper ?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I'm using a dye based printer and find the printouts more vivid than those made with a pigment based printer, which look a bit dull compared to those made with dye ink. The setback of dye ink is the susceptibility for fading over time. Using swellable paper and good quality dye reduces this fading process dramatically. However most people don't like the use and handling of swellable paper due to it's requirement to dry evenly for a long period before any handling like framing behind glass can be done.

Even I do mostly use microporous paper, because the ease of handling and waterproof surface after the ink has been (quickly) absorbed through the upper microporous layer.

But does someone knows a paper manufacturer that combines the advantages of both types of paper: the improved light fastness of swellable paper with the quick drying and waterproof surface of microporous photo paper ? Or should I use photo paper protective spray over microporous paper to obtain the same effect, and if so: does this spray dry quickly enough to handle the paper almost immediately ?