Does The Prism Reilly Have Any Say At All?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am trying out this idea of resetting a CL-8 cartridge when half full and not refilling it, to see how long it takes the printer to register the cartridge as empty.
I reset the large pigment black first and printed a test page, then reset the yellow (half full) and again printed a test page.

The interesting thing about all this is the regular cleaning cycle that occurs when a new cartridge is installed didnt happen this time.
Maybe because the cartridge was reset before the printers low ink warning appeared might have something to do with it, I dont know.

This could be a useful way to cut down on the wasteful cleaning cycles that a printer does unnecessarily all the time.

I will wait and watch carefully to see what happens with this printer and report back the results, hopefully not another new print head..

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
If you want to test with a printhead that's already a bit damaged (banding in magenta, etc..) then I can send you one of my slightly borked ones.

At least that way you don't blow a perfectly good printhead!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
websnail
You're not very confident in this idea working are you; now I am beginning to get worried.
Thanks Martin, I think I better take you up on your kind offer as this idea could well go down the pan (print headacide).
I will be ordering from you again very shortly so you can put your print head in with the supplies ok..;)