Does pro1 avoid wasting ink by leaving it on for a week or more?

jbhtjbht

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
pro-1 pro9500mark2pro9000mark2
Dear Mr. Hat, I saw that you once said that you left the machine on for a week or more to avoid wasting ink when you turned it on (pro-1), did this really work?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
did this really work?
No it didn’t, the Pro 1 wastes ink as it always does, that was just a test I did and the waste levels of ink were much the same as if I had turned the printer off, never un-plug the printer from the wall socket, that causes even more ink to be used up in cleaning.
P.S. I had a Printer Potty fitted and this allowed for accurate waste ink monitoring..

jbhtjbht

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
pro-1 pro9500mark2pro9000mark2
No it didn’t, the Pro 1 wastes ink as it always does, that was just a test I did and the waste levels of ink were much the same as if I had turned the printer off, never un-plug the printer from the wall socket, that causes even more ink to be used up in cleaning.
P.S. I had a Printer Potty fitted and this allowed for accurate waste ink monitoring..
Thank you for your reply! Can you give me the link about making a printer potty? One more question: is it possible to disable ink CO printing? It consumes a lot

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Thank you for your reply! Can you give me the link about making a printer potty? One more question: is it possible to disable ink CO printing? It consumes a lot
There’s no real point in fitting a Printer Potty, unless you can reset your waste ink counter, because come a time the printer will stop when it says its full and you must return the printer to a Service Centre, and when they see the Potty they may refuse to service your printer..

But if you still want to fit the Potty then PM me and I’ll send you the complete instructions

The only CO settings as far as I know are complete (Full coverage) and automatic (Let the printer decide) there is no way of turning it off unless you avoid glossy paper usage..

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
The PRO-10 driver has a third CO setting allowing to make masks, you can disable it this way.
I doubt the other Canon printers (PRO-1, PRO-1000, PRO-300) have this feature.