Does Ink Freeze?

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
The view out my west windows this morning..the horses don't seem to complain..the distant peaks are obscurred by ice fog.
Out the Window.jpg

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The view out my west windows this morning..the horses don't seem to complain..the distant peaks are obscurred by ice fog.
That is a magnificient view, turbguy. Snowy Mountain Range? Used to sit and watch them out my dorm window. I did some skiing at Medicine Bow in winter and a lot of hiking in warmer months.

Enjoy your global warming!

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The Hat wrote:

But what would be a problem, is if you dropped your new print head into your printer
straight away you’d blow the Sh*t out of it and probability the logic board with it
and end up having to dig the printer out of the ceiling..:hide

That sounds very plausible to me. Condensation could easily cause water to appear where it does not belong, behind the ribbon cable or circuit board. Maybe it would be best to leave the print head in the sealed bag at room temperature for 24 hour before opening the bag and installing the print head, if the print head has been exposed to freezing temperatures?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Maybe it would be best to leave the print head in the sealed bag at room temperature for 24 hour before opening the bag and installing the print head, if the print head has been exposed to freezing temperatures?
See my post #7 which applies to anything that may expand, contract or be sensitive to sweating (condensation) from exposure to temperature extremes.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
That is a magnificient view, turbguy. Snowy Mountain Range? Used to sit and watch them out my dorm window. I did some skiing at Medicine Bow in winter and a lot of hiking in warmer months.

Enjoy your global warming!

Yup, that the northern end of the Snowies as they fade into the Great Laramie Plains. Medicine Bow Peak is totally hidden by the fog.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
The view out my west windows this morning..the horses don't seem to complain..the distant peaks are obscurred by ice fog
That is a lovely view. Is that an observatory on the right? Must be a good place for the night sky as well.

OK Stratman, Montana may be THE Big Sky Country, but to us it all looks impressive, with wide horizons. The closest we got to Montana was Sheriden and Mamoth Hot Springs, before turning south, through all the popular places, eventually to Cedar City, looping round through the canyon, Durango etc. and back up to Denver.

We did California and Arizona and Nevada another time.

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Yup, that the northern end of the Snowies as they fade into the Great Laramie Plains. Medicine Bow Peak is totally hidden by the fog.
You are a lucky man to live in such grandeur.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The closest we got to Montana was Sheriden and Mamoth Hot Springs, before turning south, through all the popular places, eventually to Cedar City, looping round through the canyon, Durango etc. and back up to Denver.

We did California and Arizona and Nevada another time.
You visited some amazing places, Emu. Big, Wonderful Wyoming was what the sign said when entering the state when I was in school there. I don't know if it says that anymore. The motto also was on a lot of truck mudflaps along with a cowboy riding a bucking bronco. Did you get to see a rodeo or go hiking in the mountains? I take it you went to the Grand Canyon - that is a sight to see. :bow

So many awesome places to see on our planet.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
The current theme..
sign.jpg